Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 4 Practical Experience_WordPress_Post1

Well, my enthusiasm about wikispaces.com quickly wore off when I saw the price tag for the private label site.  In order to be able to use the site in my class, specifically for the action research project component, I would have had to go with this option.  Have I mentioned yet that the cost for a license for 1 year is $1000?!  Wowzers! That was all I could say to contain myself.  As a result, this week I ventured back into blogging to check out some new sites.  My focus for the week is a site called www.wordpress.com.

If you are going to attempt to use this site, I would advise you to pack your patience.  It takes a lot of getting used to, especially if you are like me, and have been a blogger.com pro for years!  Needless to say, my learning curve for this one is pretty steep.  I'll check back in with you shortly to let you know how things are going.

I'm having information overload, but I do like how much I can accomplish from the dashboard of this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment