Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 3 Practical Experience _WikiSpaces_Post 2

So far, I must admit that I am a bit overwhelmed. I'm sure that comes with all new technology, but it's hard for me because I am usually so much better at this.   I'm learning a lot, however.  I already like it better than Blogger because I have more control over the security settings, and I have an easier way to track changes made to the site.  I'm thinking of using it to encourage discussion across class periods and maybe even across classroooms if I could get the other teachers on my team or in my department to be interested in it.

Here is a link to what I have created so far.  I'm warning you, it may be pretty lame. I changed the background, and I have only been able to add 1 page.  It's very simple, but I think too many pages will be too overwhelming.  I do think that it will be a great  way to get my 6th graders into technology, however. I"m looking forward to exploring the different ways that I can use it!

I love that I can track changes down to who did them and at what time.
There is no way for the students to delete their history, either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment