Thursday, September 2, 2010

BP1_Google Reader

Image by Ashley May



The feeds that I chose to follow encompass a variety of different topics.  The first 2 subscriptions come from the Edutopia web site.  The first is a blog is devoted to the future of educational technology.  The most recent posts theorize about the future of educational preparation programs. I found this extremely interesting because I have strong desire to pursue teacher prep. as a future career.  The idea of teaching teachers is very exciting to me.  The second blog from Eduphoria is forum for sharing ideas about writing compositions at the high school level.  I found this one especially interesting because I teach 8th grade English, and I feel that it would be a great tool to help me better prepare my students for what they can expect in high school.

The next two feeds are chose both come from the Time Magazine umbrella.  I chose to follow the top stories and the pictures of the day.  These are both tools that I use in my classroom with my students as prompts for writing, conversation starters, and general informational reading.  I thought that adding them to my feed would be a great way to be able to stay on top new developments.  This way, I won't have to constantly check for updates on the internet myself.

The last feed that I get is for another blog called "Adventures in Educational Blogging".  The woman who runs this blog makes interesting posts that add to my knowledge of Web 2.0 tools. I also just enjoyed reading about how well things worked or did not work in her classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment