This article was mainly about incorporating digital storytelling into reading curriculum. It did an excellent job of giving concrete, step by step ideas for implementation. I definitely plan on using this resource to help design my study. The graphic that I chose to include in this post shows how the digital storytelling process lines up with reading strategies and writing strategies.
This article was also a very good resource for understanding how to implement digital technology in the classroom. It offered a variety of suggestions for cross-curricular projects, and overall I think it will be an excellent how-to guide to help me out on my journing. One of my favorite things about this article is that it goes into depth about the actual components of digital storytelling. It fully explains all aspects and why each is important to the overall process.
I loved that in this study digital story telling was used as a way to teach expository texts. Often times, non-fiction is put on the back burner, especially when it's time to construct projects. I loved that this study was conducted by a woman doing her action research project. It really opened my eyes to the possibility of using digital storytelling in expository settings. That is a big weakness for a lot of my students, and it definitely has peaked my interest towards implementing digital story telling in that area of our curriculum.
This study is actually a review/analysis of several studies that have already been done. It looks at the relationship between digital literacy and technology integration and middle school literacy rates. The study itself shows that there is a clearly measurable amount of positive effects of digital literacy. However, it also urges the community of practice to increase research efforts to distinguish the specific area(s) where technology integration has the greatest effect. I hope to add to the body of literature in respect to metacognitive awareness and critical thinking/analysis skills.




No comments:
Post a Comment